Sustainability. A defining philosophy from day one.
As organizations seek out business partners with a proven record of environment responsibility, OcÚ is proud to be one of the few companies for whom sustainability has been a defining philosophy from the very start. From the founding of the company in 1877, OcÚ has established a tradition of environmental stewardship that continues to raise the bar across the industry.
In 1927, OcÚ invented the eco-friendly ammonia-free diazo copying process for technical documents. In 1958, OcÚ launched a new production process that reduced the use of solvents by 80 percent. In 1975, we received Europe's first award for research in environmental protection. OcÚ printing and copying systems have met the criteria of the United Nations Global Compact since 2002. Today, we are one of the first companies to be RoHS compliant. And in 2006, OcÚ received FedEx Kinko's Best in Sustainability/Environmental performance award at their annual supplier summit.
Many of OcÚ's printing, copying and scanning systems have received Germany's Blue Angel award, given to products that meet a high standard of performance for efficient energy consumption, use of recycled paper and recyclable materials and that meet strict emissions regulations. Increasingly, sustainability is about how a company does business. OcÚ has employed sustainable practices for 130 years, and continues to build on that commitment every day:
Global Compact, ENERGY STAR, Der Blaue Engel, USGBC
- OcÚ manufactures sustainable printing systems
- OcÚ optimizes its manufacturing processes to produce printers and scanners in a sustainable way
- OcÚ products and services enable OcÚ customers to operate in a sustainable manner
- OcÚ has reduced paper consumption testing by 90 percent since 1995 and set up a dedicated asset recovery department that organizes the flow of returned goods to maximize their re-use value
- OcÚ is an ENERGY STAR partner
- OcÚ keeps packaging to an absolute minimum and uses recyclable materials whenever possible
- OcÚ meets stringent standards for quality and environmental responsibility through procedures that minimize energy consumption, emissions, and waste